QA/ QC HSE
Delivering unparalleled, high-quality workmanship and service.
Good quality of work has always been the foremost factor in our vision. Paragon has produced some of the finest quality work in entire history of construction in Pakistan-whether be its structure, finishing or fair face oriented works. Projects such as Lucky Cement Plant, Siemens’ New Head Office Building, Agha Khan’s various projects, Arabian Sea Country Club, Central Office building of ABL, Bagh-e-Quaid-e-Azam and Lever Brothers, Walls Ice Cream Plant are testimonial to our superior workmanship.
- Detailed planning and constant monitoring makes sure that project activities are done on time. Effective control on quality of material at procurement & inventory level ascertains that only specified product is used.
- A system of product testing guarantees eliminating use of defective material. Regular audits of Inventory for quality & quantity are performed.
- Regular calibration of our tools & equipment enables workmanship to be error-free.
- Advance material scheduling allow important material to be identified, approved and available well before the start of actual activity.
- A comprehensive program of equipment maintenance is practiced to avoid any surprise failure and to use the equipment to optimum capacity.
- Frequent project meetings at sites and at head office helps in fast-decision making and removing bottlenecks.
- A modern cost control system helps in avoiding wastages; identifying losses and and maintains proper cash flow.
Safety, health and environment protection (HSE) has always been of foremost importance in Paragon policies. We firmly believe that quality of work and HSE go hand in hand and we do all that is required to achieve this objective, as outlined below:
- New employees are investigated for any contagious disease.
- There is a comprehensive health insurance scheme for all permanent staff.
- First aid services with trained personnel are available at major sites.
- Regular inspection is made to observe hygienic conditions at site.
- Insecticide spray is done at labour accommodations regularly. Temporary toilets at site are constructed with standard hygiene system.
- Building an Incident and Injury Free environment through individual commitment to the safety and well-being of each other and our clients.
- A safety officer is assigned at site to keep an eye on hazardous conditions and develop safety awareness down to workers level.
- All site staff is fully aware of safety procedures and they also train the workers to observe the safety procedures, while at work.
- Safety toolkit meeting are held regularly.
- Safety audits are conducted to check the effectiveness of safety program.
- Hazardous materials are separately and carefully stored.
- Safety signs are installed at appropriate locations.
- Project Safety Plan is prepared & issued to individual sites.
- Paragon is fully aware of “Green Peace Movement” and actively participates in preservation of environment by taking necessary steps.
- All fuel dependent machinery are calibrated and maintained in good order to reduce smoke emission.
- Adequate temporary sanitary facilities are provided at site to avoid hazardous wastes. Soak pits, septic tanks are constructed and sewage is disposed off safely.
- Use of hazardous material to generate fire is prohibited at site.
- Cutting of trees is avoided as far as possible.
- Termite protection is practiced wherever needed.
- Barriers and coverings are used to control dust and fumes from spreading.
- The water from dewatering is disposed off through public drains if allowed, otherwise stored in sumps and transported out in water tankers.
OUR SAFETY POLICY
Our policy is to provide to all our employees a safe place to work. We are determined to provide requisite resources to achieve that object.